Tarot cards date back to the 1400s. Back then they were not used for predictions but for games. These cards were used for predictions by fortune tellers only in 1785. This was first done by a French man known as Jean- Baptiste Alliette.
What Are Tarot Cards?
There are a total of 78 Tarot cards in a deck. Each card has its own illustration and has its own meaning. The 78 Tarot cards are split into 2 main categories. The first category contains 22 cards which are known as ‘ Major Arcana’ cards which depict the karmic and spiritual lessons. The rest 56 cards are known ‘Minor Arcana’ which depict the difficulties and experiences.
What Can Tarot Card Be Used For?
A lot of people believe that tarot cards are simply for fortune tellers who predict your future. However, tarot cards are used for many aspects in a persons’ life, such as self-development, manifesting goals, developing a business, self-healing and many other important aspects in your life. Tarot cards act as a tool for people to connect to their inner wisdom and gain spiritual guidance.
Tarot cards can be used for gaining clarity and guidance for the past, present, and future. These cards can also act as a tool to help you gain clarity and understand the reason behind and the meaning of your dreams.
These cards can be even used to understand your lover’s profile. Well, you may not need the cards to call out an online date a scam. You just need to apply your common sense and pay attention to red flags. Sheila Moon from Psychic2Tarot.com explains that one of the common clues that an online dater is a scam artist is they tell you they are from another country and have a very detailed profile.
How To Use Tarot Cards?
While using tarot cards you need to completely trust your intuition and 100 percent believe in the process. You need to tap into your subconscious and believe in the power of the cards to get a successful reading. Various sites can provide you with tips on how to start tarot reading. Some basic steps on learning how to use tarot cards are :
- Select a good deck – You need to select a deck which resonates with you. So spend some time choosing your deck and choose whichever calls out to you.
- Practice is key – Just like any other activity, you need to practice using the tarot cards to be good at it. At first, you may find it difficult to completely surrender and tap into your subconscious but do not worry. With each dedicated practice, you will get better.
- Start with the familiar – To start believing completely you should start with questions which you know the answer to. This will increase your confidence in the tarot cards and make it easier for you to read.
- Start with someone you don’t know – To boost your confidence, you should always begin your tarot reading with someone you do not know well. This will help you not overthink while telling them the answers to their questions.
- Enjoy the process – The most important thing while starting something new and exciting is to enjoy the process. Don’t take it very seriously and be too hard on yourself. It is a learning procedure and enjoys every step of it.