Hair Extensions are an expensive and sometimes a tricky trend to follow. Our detailled page on how to get the most amazing hair extensions will have you on your way to red carpet hair – Not market stall horse hair!
The Do’s and Dont’s
- DO have a consultation first, to get the right colour match and type of extension for your hair
- DON’T leave extensions in for longer than the recommended time (usually 3-5 months for human hair and about 2 months for synthetic)
- DO always check that the hair is ethically sourced. Check out www.greatlengthshair.co.uk to know the right questions to ask your stylist.
- DON’T have extensions applied too close to your hair line as this will show when you tie your hair back
- DO try to get salon recommendations, and be aware of big discounts. Remember if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
Firstly Decide what extensions you want Synthetic or Human Hair – Read our pro’s and Con’s
- Good for big volume
- Last Longer
- Easy to wash and style
The options you have to how you wear them.
- Weave : The extensions are sewn into your hair after it’s been braided against your scalp.
- Strand by Strand : Individual extenstions are attached to strands of hair using, among other methods, Glue – or kinder to your hair – Cold fusion
Maintaining your mane
- Apply serum or smoothing cream to human hair extensions to keep them sleek and shiny
- On synthetic hair, always use a product range specifically made for hair extenstions.
- Great Lengths Salon offer a free check-up appointment after a month to ensure you’re looking after your extensions properly.