Ditching meat from your meal does not have to make it boring. Instead try these delicious chickpea burgers that are packed with flavour, protein and nutrients.
This recipe makes 6 patties which are vegan and gluten free. A tip for chickpeas if you have gut problems, remove the skin. It is a lengthy process (about 20 minutes for 250g chickpeas) but ultimately worth it so you can enjoy these protein packed burgers.
- Fry up 1/2 red onion, garlic, ginger, oregano, parsley, chillies
- Grab a big bowl
- Grate 1 courgette and pat to remove excess water
- Add 250g organic chickpeas
- Combine the all above ingredients
- Add 50g coconut flour
- Season with cumin, paprika, chilli flakes, Himalayan salt and tumeric
- Mix it all together until it’s like a paste. If it’s too runny, add more flour.
- Form patties and coat in ground almonds to give a crispy outside
- Fry for about 4 minutes each side on medium heat.
Serve with salad, fries or roasted veggies and most of all, enjoy!